Personal HealthPersonal Health Protection2011-03-14T12:07:53Zhttp://healthbie.com/feed/atomWordPressHealth Experthttp://healthbie.com/?p=2622011-03-14T12:07:53Z2011-03-14T12:07:51ZThe liver is an organ in body that very important and has some complex tasks for the continuity of all body functions. Because of its complexity, it’s dealing with potentially damaging materials, like chemicals in blood, liver consequently vulnerable to injury. But, naturally, liver has the ability to protect itself by regenerating.
In general there are several diseases caused by viruses that can attack the liver.
Hepatitis, or an inflammation of liver is the most common disease that attacks liver. There are several types of hepatitis, which hepatitis A, B, C, D, E, and autoimmune hepatitis caused by agents that trigger the immune system to attack liver cells.
Most of all people with hepatitis A who previously in a good shape will recover and do not develop into chronic. About 90 percent of people with hepatitis B will able be to recover. While hepatitis C and steatohepatitis nonalcoholic often develop into chronic hepatitis.
The disease is caused by a genetic disorder that causes the intestine to absorb too much iron so that the levels are excessive. Excess iron is going into the blood flow and accumulate in certain organs, especially liver.
Cirrhosis is characterized with progressive liver damage and can not be treated. Often caused by infection, hepatitis B and C chronic, excessive alcohol use, or autoimmune disease.
Usually liver cancer comes from other parts of the body and then spread to liver. Liver quite vulnerable by cancer cells attack.
Abscess, fluid or pus that meets the cavity, sometimes formed in liver due to bacterial or parasitic infections. If caused by bacteria usually immediately followed by fever and chills. While abscess happens because the parasite develops slowly. The disease is identified with CT scan or ultrasound of the liver.
There is some inherited liver disorder and usually seen when childhood.
]]>0Health Experthttp://healthbie.com/?p=2572011-03-12T12:05:47Z2011-03-12T12:05:45ZDiabetes mellitus is a disease that characterised by high blood sugar levels. Basically, this disease can be suffered by anyone and can cause deadly complications.
Even though diabetes drugs already many available in various types, but in fact the drug is only controlling blood sugar and could not cure the disease.
That’s why prevention is way better than treatment. Here are 5 steps that can be done to prevent “the diabetes”
Carbohydrates, especially simple carbohydrates, in the body will quickly converted into sugar so fast increase the glucose levels. That’s why simple carbohydrates, like sugar, syrup, honey, or rice that restricted to diabetes not more than 10 percent. Instead, you can eat complex carbohydrates such as brown rice or pasta.
A large-scale study in 2002 showed that light exercise for 30 minutes every day is enough to reduce the risk of diabetes by 58 percent. Physical activity also has a strong effect in normalising the blood sugar levels.
3. Increase protein and the good fats
Protein not only increases the body’s energy levels but also have a good effect for blood sugar levels. Another benefit of eating protein is to make stomach full longer. That’s why it’s advisable to fill your breakfast plate with protein, complex carbohydrates and good fats.
The advice to eat balanced diet can be translated into a simple formula in the form of routine doing breakfast one hour after you wake up, avoid the stomach empty more than four hours to keep the blood sugar levels stable in normal area, and try to consumpt protein and fibre every meal.
If you have a family history of diabetes or obesity, you should start checking the blood sugar levels regularly. There is a condition called pre diabetes, that where the the blood sugar levels already beyond the normal but not yet reached the limit of diagnosis of diabetes.
]]>0Health Experthttp://healthbie.com/?p=2532011-03-12T12:02:17Z2011-03-12T12:02:15ZTwin pregnancy would be a great miracle. It would need extra treatments for the mother and fetus, in line with the changes and needs clearly different compared to normal pregnancy. If you are diagnosed with twin pregnancy, identify the following differences:
* More frequent pregnancy controlTwin pregnancy requires extra monitoring, so do not be surprise if your doctor asks you to control more often than normal pregnancy. Ultrasound examination will also be more frequent, as well as a number of other tests. Doctors will often check the condition of the fetus and its growth, including the condition of the prospective mother’s health. In the second trimester, the doctor usually will ask pregnant women to come more frequent controls. And in the third trimester, the control should be conducted once a week.
Nutrition for twin pregnancy more as well. Folic acid, calcium, iron, protein, and other number of important nutrients that needed in greater numbers.
Pregnant women need to eat healthy and vitamins regularly. Iron supplements usually be additional nutrients that your doctor recommend. So, do not be surprise if the vitamin supplements intake for twin pregnancy is way out normal.
Healthy weight for twin pregnancy is also different with normal pregnancy. Ideal weight for twin pregnancy affect fetal health and ease the mother to lose weight after childbirth. Pregnant women with twin should gain weight about 16-20 pounds. Required food intake around 2,700 calories daily. You should consult with a physician about weight gain and the intake of needed calories.
Activity for twin pregnancy should be limited. Work, travel, and exercise need to be reduced in intensity. Still twin pregnancy don’t necessarily to have bed rest. Bed rest is needed if women have problems in blood pressure, or if there is any disruption in fetal development.
]]>0Health Experthttp://healthbie.com/?p=2482011-03-09T10:59:49Z2011-03-09T10:59:48ZSome girls are having difficulty in hair lengthening, so they go to hair extension method. But the fact is, hair extension is adding more weight to hair scalp that causing hair loss.
It’s much better to use natural way to lengthening your hair, here are 7 tips to make it happens :
1. Vitamin: Vitamin is consumed in the entire body, including hair too. If you have less vitamin, then the nutrition for hair is also reduced as well. That will lead in hair loss, the hair volume is reducing and making hard to regrow. If needed, try to consume additional multivitamin to meet your body needs. Using hair hair vitamin is way better solution.
2. Check the end of your hair: Don’t forget to check your hair end routinely. Any damage at hair end is also one of the causes of lengthening hair difficulty. It’s nothing wrong in cutting your end hair 1-2 cm long on a regular basis each month (trimmed). It keeps your hair beautiful.
3. Cope the dandruff: Dandruff is one of the common issue that people usually have to face.Dandruff in your skin head is making your hair brittle and fall out. If dandruff comes, never under estimate it. Try to use a special hair shampoo to cope with. If it’s getting worst, it’s much better to consult it with skin doctor.
4. Facilitate blood flow in the scalp: The lack of nutrients in hair could be due to blood flow in head which is not smooth. Treatment just like cream bath (scalp massage) can make blood flow in head smoother. If you are unable to get cream bath, give time to wash it longer. Massage your head from base of the forehead to get back. Do not rub too hard.
5. How to comb: How to fix your hair should also be considered. Combing hair in a wrong way is creating broken and damaged hair. After shampooing, do not comb your hair with a brush comb, because it would broken it. Choose a comb with rare strips.
6. Maintain the hygiene : if you are too lazy in maintaining your hair hygiene, your hair will hard to grow. There are some necessary nutrients in shampoo that could help your hair to grow. Also, letting dirt stuck at scalp wash every other day will make hair damaged. Minimum in order to maintain your scalp moisture
7. Release stress: The stress that you’re having is give influence is hair scalp health. A messed up metabolism that is caused by stress will make hair health disrupted. It’s not wrong to relax and unwind for a while. Forget all mind and burden that you experience. Going to salon and having hair and body care can also be a way out you to overcome the stress.
]]>0Health Experthttp://healthbie.com/?p=2442011-03-07T11:58:29Z2011-03-07T11:58:27ZWhere are the spots coming from?
Stress, lack of sleep and illness can trigger spots. And the meanest of them all is coming from the UV lighting which comes from the sun. That why all face powder product always has ‘UV protection’ at their ads.
Oil-producing sebaceous glands that lie just below the surface of the skin are the cause of most spots. They secrete a natural oil called sebum through the hair follicles onto your skin’s surface. This oil is the body’s own moisturiser. Excess hormone can prompt these glands to produce too much sebum. And if the hair follicle gets blocked by dead skin cells, oil builds up with nowhere to go.
‘This build up of oil creates an ideal environment in which acne bacteria can multiply, triggering a chemical reaction and the formation of spots,’ says Nina Goad of the British Association of Dermatologists. We have lots of sebaceous glands in our face, chest, neck and back – which is why spots are most common in these areas.
Blackheads, also called open comedones, look like benign black dots on your skin. They usually develop in larger pores that allow air to get in and react with the oil and dead skin cells inside, causing the plug to darken and appear black.
Whiteheads, or closed comedones, are filled with the same matter as blackheads, but the pore isn’t as large. Air can’t get in and react with the sebum, so it stays white.
Both are milder types of spot, and for many people spots don’t progress beyond this stage.
If pores remain blocked, the build up of oil encourages normally harmless acne bacteria to multiply. This high level of bacteria puts the body’s immune system into attack mode, causing inflammation.
Red inflamed bumps are a sign of infected pores caused by acne bacteria, and usually require stronger treatment.
Incoming search terms:health protection]]>0Health Experthttp://healthbie.com/?p=2402011-03-01T11:09:41Z2011-03-01T11:09:39ZBeing after 40s is hard, but after 50s is even harder. But you should not regret or surrender this easyly. Stand up and try to bring your old victory… at least.. being old doesn’t mean having an old soul. Your body may look old but your soul remain young. But how to balance you age and your soul? Here are some fact s about being 50s and above..
Pigment cells (melamolytes), though fewer in number, often clump together to form brown age spots. Sebum (oil) production shrinks further, the stratum corneum continues to thicken and collagen gets more fibrous. Decreased oestrogen levels after the menopause mean that skin loses its plumpness and tone, which can leave it dry, itchy and more sensitive to allergens.
Mature skin is not only more fragile, it’s physically less sensitive too, and so more vulnerable to bruising and tearing. On top of this, it takes far longer to heal itself. Blood vessels are easily broken, and warts and other skin growths become more prevalent in your 50s.
· Take extra care with your skin at this stage in life.
· Stick to a gentle cleanser/toner to clean your skin, avoiding irritants and astringents such as alcohol.
· Use a good moisturiser with a built-in SPF, and keep out of the sun.
· You may want to try a cream with an ‘anti-ageing’ formula such as retinol or idebenone – use these products at night because they make skin more sensitive to sunlight.
· Remember: as our skin ages, wrinkles are both natural and normal. A lived-in face has as much character and beauty as a youthful one.
There they are… but the important things that you should remember, even your skin wringkles a lot, but if you have inner beauty, it will come out easily.
Incoming search terms:cow formula]]>0Health Experthttp://healthbie.com/?p=2362011-02-28T12:46:15Z2011-02-28T12:46:13ZSexual activity is something that you should do to relieve stress. But there are some area that will influence your sexual health, without it, your sexual activity will feel ‘tasteless’. But what are those major areas that involved in male and female sexual health?
1. Psychological/mental–The causes of psychological sexual dysfunction and poor sexual health are numerous, and it is difficult to pinpoint, but most often low libido is related to depression, performance anxiety, marital stress or relationship problems, life crisis, financial difficulties, religious repression, or some type of mental illness. return of sexual health is possible through various forms of therapy, stress release, vacation, etc.
2. Hormonal–Important to sexual health and good libido are androgens, such as testosterone which declines in men by about 1 percent each year, contributing to lower male libido with aging. Testosterone also declines with age in women leading to a decrease in female libido. Women who have had surgical removal of the ovaries notice a drop in sexual interest. Return of sexual health through androgen replacement may be helpful to those with age related sexual dysfunction. Testosterone is available by prescription only. Over-the-counter hormones, such as DHEA and Pregnenolone, convert to testosterone having a positive influence on libido.
3. Vascular–Changes in blood flow to and from the penis caused by medical conditions such as atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries, high cholesterol, hypertension, or diabetes are common causes of male erectile dysfunction. These conditions reduce blood flow to the penis and genital organs leading to difficulty with erection or genital swelling. Good sexual health may be once again achieved with proper diet and exercise. Additionally penile injury, surgery or excessive sitting on a bicycle can impede blood flow. Studies show that men who mountain bike several thousand miles a year suffer scrotal damage that could reduce their fertility.
4. Neural–Disorders such as diabetes, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson disease, and stroke affect the brain’s ability to respond to sexual stimulation due to nerve damage. In women, abdominal or pelvic operations can occasionally lead to nerve damage. Sexual dysfunction is common in men undergoing surgical treatment for prostate enlargement or C.
5. Chemical–Some chemicals involved in the human sexual response and libido include dopamine, acetylcholine, and nitric oxide. Sexual enhancement is quite likely through manipulation of these brain chemicals by using natural herbs.
]]>0Health Experthttp://healthbie.com/?p=2322011-02-24T13:01:44Z2011-02-24T13:01:42ZEnergy drinks are advertised that will increase the energy, concentration and stamina. It not only attract by adults but also by children and teenagers. But the fact is, energy drinks are dangerous for them.
The danger potential comes primarily from the high amount of caffeine or other ingredients in a product similar at energy drinks. A study published in the journal Pediatrics says the side effects of energy drinks to children and teenagers can increase the heart rate, seizures, strokes, hallucinations and even death.
Research by a team from the University of Miami medical school is analyzing data that comes from reports from the government and interest groups, scientific literature, case reports, and articles in the media.
Sailor Dakota (18), students at high school at Carl Junction, is one of the victims of energy drinks. He suffered seizures and treated for 5 days in hospital in 2010 after drinking an energy drink. According to doctors, it all because the caffeine or another similar material like caffeine in the energy drink.
The content of the most dominating is the caffeine and taurine. The content of caffeine in one can of drink is five times more than in soda drinks. In fact, not only few of the teenagers who consumed 4-5 cans of energy drinks each day.
Result of the research is also indicating that the content in energy drinks can increase the effects of caffeine and often causing the side effects of sickness and diarrhea. Because of that, the researchers suggest that energy drinks are also prohibited for children and teenagers, as well as alcohol, prescription drugs, and tobacco.
Responding to the study, Maureen Storey, senior vice president of the American Beverages Association says, the information presented in the research that many are mistaken.
He said many of energy drink products that contain less caffeine than coffee sold at coffee outlets. After all, he said, the content of caffeine is listed at the packaging label. “Caffeine is a safe content. However, for those who are sensitive should check the label,” he said.
]]>0Health Experthttp://healthbie.com/?p=2282011-02-24T12:55:04Z2011-02-24T12:55:02ZA special, roasted or salted seaweed could help the body blocked fat calories. In a newstudy, a special fiber that is found in seaweed was able to prevent the absorption of fat by more than 75 percent.
When you are swimming or playing water at beach, sea grass is something that should be avoided. But in Asian countries like Japan and Korea, seaweed has become food which presented since ancient times. Seaweed can be eaten even the color were red, green, or brown, usually added to any food that offers salty taste, from sushi to soup.
Seaweed wrapped around sushi, or usually known as nori, is also available in sheet form. This dried nori sheets become a ready light snack to eat anytime. You can get a snack in the modern market to the local hypermarket.
Fiber that inhibiting fat in this seaweed called alginate. In a laboratory study, where they use of artificial gut, alginate can block the enzyme that responsible for breaking the fat diet. If alginate is within our gut, undigested fat will just pass by and issued, which means there is little the fat calories that are used or stored.
In another small scale study, beverage which contains alginate also has the effect of fat blocking. In this study, alginate consumes 1.5 grams of fiber per day will cause the reduction of calorie intake for a week.
Of course, researchers still need to do further study before recommending alginate as the material tos losing weight. With this invention, you would have a reason to adventure with your tongue, right?
Enjoy when your food prepared or seasoned with sea grass, so you get the benefits of fiber. In addition, to obtain the benefits of the calcium, iron, magnesium, and vitamin B. You can make sushi, miso soup or salad fed wakame, sea vegetable that tastes sweet.
Incoming search terms:your shape]]>0Health Experthttp://healthbie.com/?p=2232011-02-23T14:59:37Z2011-02-23T14:59:36ZTreatment of women’s bodies after giving birth need an attention. However, pregnancy has changed the physical condition of women and does not necessarily end when the baby is born. Women need physical treatment to overcome breast pain, change in skin, losing hair, and many other physical changes, including vaginal pain.
For the women who through episiotomy or surgical incision through the perineum (area between vagina and anus) to expand the vagina and helps the process of childbirth, injury in the vagina will be felt a few weeks. Vaginal pain will increasingly be felt when walk or sit. To cope with pain in the vagina caused stitches after giving birth, do some of these treatments:
* Make sure the injury is always clean. Use a spray bottle filled with water, and spray it to the area between the mouth of vagina to the anus each time after from the bathroom. Or Soak in the tub of warm water.
* Overcoming the pain during urination can be done by doing squats (low your body seems like sit) when using the bathroom. So do not sit when you’re on bathroom. Pour vulva with warm water while urinating.
* Use a clean pad in the injury during contraction. When contractions during defecation pain will appear in the injury suture the vagina. Use a clean pad to hold the injury and press upward when your contractions. This method reduces the pressure in the injury.
* When want to sit down, do it slowly. In order not to stretch your butt, press both bottom at the same time when going to sit. If you are still too uncomfortable when sit, use a donut-shaped cushion to relieve pressure when sitting.
* Do Kegel. Kegel movements helps tighten the pelvic muscles. Kegel exercises done as was holding back urination. Begin this exercise a day after giving birth, with a count of five seconds each hold, and repeat 4-5 times.
* Recognize signs of infection such as fever, swelling, pain, and release pus. If this happens, immediately go to the doctor to ask for special treatment.